This 2-hour workshop is intended for people who are new to facilitating groups in their workplace. We will cover what group facilitation is, how to engage participants and some differences between facilitating online and in-person sessions.
Who can register? This workshop is intended for staff from MANSO member organizations. Please refer to our Member Directory to learn if your organization is a MANSO member.
*Additional Facilitation Skills Training will be offered in the future.
- Participants will leave the session with ideas for ice-breaker activities
- Learn tips and tools for facilitating successful groups
- Understand the considerations facilitators need in setting up groups
- Martha Chicas, Registered Nurse, works as a Sexuality and Reproductive Health Facilitator at the Sexuality Education Resource Centre. Martha has extensive experience in the design of culturally sensitive health education programs. She has delivered many programs such as intergenerational communication for new immigrant parents, as well as violence prevention for immigrant women and youth. Her work has provided newcomers with information on gender equality and reproductive rights to support them during the cultural adaption process. Martha has presented many workshops for service providers, community and youth groups around sexual health topics.
- This is an online event. You will need to have access to a computer/ laptop or other devices with a webcam & microphone, as well as an internet connection.
Accessibility accommodations are available on advance request. If you have any questions, concerns or inquiries, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 204-272-0872.