GBA Plus assesses how diverse people may experience policies, programming and initiatives. It is an intersectional approach, informed by data and evidence. GBA Plus is aligned with the CORE principles of the IRCC's Settlement and Resettlement Assistance Programs as well as the vision of delivering the right service, to the right client, at the right time. IRCC encourages their funding applicants to incorporate GBA Plus in the design, implementation and evaluation of the proposed project(s), as much as possible, to create effective programming for newcomers.
Led by the MANSO GBA Plus Team, this interactive session will explore the concept of GBA Plus, and how it can be implemented, in their program and organization, to encourage and support the development of responsive and inclusive policies, programs, and other initiatives.
Participants can expect to learn from the session:
- What is GBA Plus?
- How does it connect to the work we are already doing?
- How can GBA Plus support us in enhancing our program, services, and the ways we work with each other?
- GBA Plus Myth Busting and More!
- Erika Frey, Manitoba GBA Plus Project Lead
- Sally Ogoe, National GBA Plus Research Lead
- This is an online event. You will need to have access to a computer/ laptop or other devices with a webcam & microphone, as well as an internet connection.
- Accessibility accommodations are available on advance request. If you have any questions, concerns or inquiries, please send us an email at email@example.com or call 204-272-0872.