IRCC has been transitioning the submission of private sponsorship of refugee (PSR) applications from emailed applications to applications submitted through their online Permanent Residence portal. Refugee resettlement categories are now being added to this digital gateway.
This workshop will help frontline settlement staff and sponsors gain a better understanding of how to submit a PSR sponsorship application through their online Permanent Residence portal, where you'll receive an in-depth walkthrough of the updated Permanent Residence (PR) Portal by RSTP. Gain confidence to navigate the Portal effectively and manage the online Permanent Residence Portal with ease.
This information session is offered in partnership with the Refugee Sponsorship Training Program (RSTP).
Presenter: Hilina Shiwaye, Refugee Sponsorship Training Program (RSTP) trainer
Target audience: Settlement service providers, Group of 5, and private sponsorship groups.
The information session will outlines:
- Digital PR portal walkthrough
- How to create an account and submit an online application on behalf of your family member
- How to upload supporting documents and forms for both sponsors and principal applicants directly into the online portal.
- Digital forms in the portal
- How to submit PDF forms requiring signatures (Hand signature vs e-signature)
This is an online event. You will need to have access to a computer/ laptop or other devices with a webcam & microphone, as well as an internet connection.
- Accessibility accommodations are available on advance request. If you have any questions, concerns or inquiries, please send us an email at email@example.com or call 204-272-0872.