Université de Saint-Boniface
About Université de Saint-Boniface
Université de Saint-Boniface provides non-credit French and English language training to immigrants. The English language training is offered to Université de Saint-Boniface (USB) immigrant students through the Language Enrichment Service. The French language training is offered through three programs at USB's Continuing Education Division: the CLIC program (NCLC levels 1-4), the Conversational French Program (Intermédiaire to Avancé levels) and the Perfectionnement program.
Products & Services
French-Language Training for Adult Permanent Residents
Please note that bursaries are limited and are awarded on a first come, first served basis. Each course consists of 32.5, 33 or 150 hours of instruction. Learner attendance and achievement reports are sent to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
Eligibility Requirements for Adult Programs
- Have a French language assessment done at WELARC. (See below for contact information)
- Complete the form(s) sent to you by USB.
- Submit proof of permanent resident status.
- Be 18 years of age or older. Canadian citizens are not eligible for IRCC-funded programs.
- Be available to attend class when USB contacts you to let you know there is a place for you in the program.
We offer three programs:
- CLIC program: For Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) French levels 1 – 4; 2 options to choose from: morning classes, 3 hours of class time per morning; Monday to Friday; total of 150 hours of class time per session or evening classes, 3 hours of class time per evening, 2 evenings per week, total of 150 hours of class time per session.
- Français oral program: For levels Intermédiaire 1 – 4 and Avancé; 3 hours of class time per week*; 11 weeks per session*; total of 33 hours of class time per session. (*exception: our summer session includes 3,25 hours of class time per day; Monday to Friday, for 2 weeks, for a total of 32.5 hours of class time).
- Perfectionnement du français program: For those who have successfully passed the Perfectionnement placement test; 3 hours of class time per week; 11 weeks per session, total of 33 hours of class time per session.
How to Register
- Contact the WELARC office to schedule your free, mandatory French language assessment :
400-275 Portage Avenue
- Wait for us to contact you by email (be sure to check your inbox and junkmail folders regularly).
- Reply to our email, fill out any forms that we may send to you and respond to any questions that we may ask you by email.
- Provide us with proof of permanent residency. For example, a photocopy of your permanent resident status card (photocopy of both front and back of card).
Please note that bursaries are limited and will be handed out on a first come, first served basis. If all the bursaries have been distributed at the time of your registration, you will be placed on a waiting list.
Please note that courses can only be offered if enrolment is sufficient.
|200 De la Cathedrale Avenue|