North End Women's Centre
About North End Women's Centre
- Community Drop-in welcomes all women and women-identified people for coffee, phone access, information/resources and a safe place to relax.
- Counselling program offers individual and group counselling on issues such as intimate partner violence, trauma, anger, grief and loss, relationships and more.
- Parent-Child program supports women/caregivers with skills, advocacy and knowledge needed to build healthy parent-child relationships in groups and one on one.
- NEWC summer program offers women and their children fun and engaging activities and events throughout the summer.
- Moon Medicine Rising program supports women who have exited the sex trade and/or have been sexually exploited (transitional housing available).
- Addictions program supports women in their addictions recovery journey (transitional housing available).
- Health and Wellness program offers a variety of activities to nourish women mentally, emotionally, spiritually and physically.
- Financial Empowerment Initiatives create opportunities for women to acquire birth certificates, bank accounts, file taxes, claim benefits, and learn entrepreneurial skills.
- Volunteer program connects community women and students to interesting and skill-building roles throughout our centre.
- The Up Shoppe is an affordable thrift store and a social enterprise of NEWC. Programs offered at the Up Shoppe are: Emergency Wages Program to earn a wage and pay off a debt; retail volunteer program; and Fine Options program to work off court-ordered community service hours or fines. The Up Shoppe also provides free items for moms and women who have had to flee home without their belongings.
- Settlement program delivers gender specific settlement services to newcomer women in the North End area of Winnipeg. The program provides information and orientation, community connections groups and trauma groups to newcomer women.
Products & Services