North End's Women Centre
About North End's Women Centre
- Community Drop-in welcomes all women and women-identified people for coffee, phone access, information/resources and a safe place to relax.
- Counselling program offers individual and group counselling on issues such as intimate partner violence, trauma, anger, grief and loss, relationships and more.
- Parent-Child program supports women/caregivers with skills, advocacy and knowledge needed to build healthy parent-child relationships in groups and one on one.
- NEWC summer program offers women and their children fun and engaging activities and events throughout the summer.
- Moon Medicine Rising program supports women who have exited the sex trade and/or have been sexually exploited (transitional housing available).
- Addictions program supports women in their addictions recovery journey (transitional housing available).
- Health and Wellness program offers a variety of activities to nourish women mentally, emotionally, spiritually and physically.
- Financial Empowerment Initiatives create opportunities for women to acquire birth certificates, bank accounts, file taxes, claim benefits, and learn entrepreneurial skills.
- Volunteer program connects community women and students to interesting and skill-building roles throughout our centre.
- The Up Shoppe is an affordable thrift store and a social enterprise of NEWC. Programs offered at the Up Shoppe are: Emergency Wages Program to earn a wage and pay off a debt; retail volunteer program; and Fine Options program to work off court-ordered community service hours or fines. The Up Shoppe also provides free items for moms and women who have had to flee home without their belongings.