Manitoba Interfaith Immigration Council Inc. / Welcome Place.
About Manitoba Interfaith Immigration Council Inc. / Welcome Place.
Manitoba Interfaith Immigration Council Inc. (MIIC) promotes and supports the protection and resettlement of refugees and offers a range of services that welcome and assist newcomers and refugees in their settlement and integration into Canadian society. We are centrally located, close to public transportation, and wheelchair accessible. We offer services in over 20 languages.
Products & Services
The services we provide include:
- Settlement services
- Needs and Assets Assessment - to help create settlement plan and a referral path
- Assistance with important applications (work permit, health card, Canada Child Benefit and many others)
- Training / Information and Orientation sessions - variety of topics related to settlement including support completing various applications and forms
- Limited Notary Public services
- Life Skills Support - hands-on support teaching skills necessary for independent day to day living
- Sponsorship Services - helping with family reunification via One Year Window, Private Sponsorship or Family Class Sponsorship, supporting sponsors pre and post arrival
- In-Canada Protection Services - paralegal and settlement support for refugee claimants
- Information sessions and support for settling in rural Manitoba
- Interpretation - trained interpreters can facilitate communication in 20+ languages and dialects
- Volunteer Services Activities - conversational English classes, computer classes, sports activities, social club and other cultural and leisure activities
- Matching Program - connecting newcomer individuals and families with Canadian volunteer hosts to offer cultural exchange and promote intercultural friendships
- Transitional accommodation - 30 low cost furnished suites (bachelor, 1 BR, 2BR and wheelchair accessible units) for newcomers
- Presentations, information sessions and workshops geared toward general public or other service providing organizations and focusing on the refugee experience to help build welcoming communities
Please see the "DOWNLOADS" section for brochure of all our services.
521 Bannatyne Avenue
There are no employees listed for this location
|521 Bannatyne Avenue|