Holy Names House of Peace
About Holy Names House of Peace
Holy Names House of Peace, a refuge in the heart of Winnipeg, is an intercultural life affirming community that welcomes all. It is open 350 days a year on an average of thirteen hours a day. Each day approximately 120 people attend programs which promote justice, peace and understanding.
In the heart of the House of Peace is “Neighbours,” a home which empowers 19 newcomer women to begin life anew. The women may stay for two years. Living at the House of Peace, the women heal from trauma due to war, poverty, and abuse, learn English, identify strengths, articulate dreams, set goals, regain their professional status, find meaningful employment and further their education. Staff are a live-in 24/7 resource and advocate and accompany them throughout the many challenges they face.
Products & Services
- COCAINE ANONYMOUS meets 3 times a week.
- AL-ANON meets weekly.
- MANITOBA CATHOLIC CHURCH OF THE DEAF gathers on Sunday.
- WOMEN TRAPPED IN ABUSE meet regularly for “Peace of Mind”.
- COUNSELING and STEP 5 SESSIONS are free and upon request.
- SECULAR FRANCISCANS reach out to disenfranchised people.
- ERITREAN YOUTH GROUP convenes Saturday for socialization and song.
- FIRESIDES are developmental sessions that promote positive change.
- SCE LIFEWORKS supports people with intellectual challenges to work and participate in the community.
- WORKSHOPS and CULTURAL EVENTS occur throughout the year.
|211 Edmonton Street|