Conflict and Resilience Research Institute, Canada (CRRIC)
About Conflict and Resilience Research Institute, Canada (CRRIC)
- Administer action research to experiment, pilot and evaluate development of conflict interventions.
- Partner with grassroots NGOs to oversee, and record and documents accountability, transparency and good governance of CRRIC-mediated development interventions.
- Promote policy dialogues and civil society engagement for the promotion of peace and justice.
OBJECTIVES TO ACHIEVE ITS GOAL:
- The advancement of in-depth social research to benefit communities in Manitoba, Canada, and overseas.
- Provide need-based intellectual think-tank support to government and non-government organizations on conflicts transformation, human security, and peacebuilding.
- Design and deliver ‘safety-net’ programs and projects to establish sustainable livelihood and ‘quality of life’ for conflict-stricken people/groups and carry out philanthropic activities within the scope of relief of poverty.
- Collaborate with academic and educational institutions, research organizations and international development activists to generate new knowledge on appropriate livelihood and survival strategies for refugees, displaced, and marginalized people within the scope of advancement of education.
- Collaborate with Canadian federal, provincial, and municipal governments, NGOs, UN organizations, policy and advocacy think tanks to organize seminar, symposiums, colloquium, conferences, and need-based policy dialogues within the scope of conflict transformation and peacebuilding.
- Organize and administer need-based skills-trainings and capacity-building workshops for socially vulnerable, marginalized people so that they can achieve resiliency in fighting poverty and other social malice.
- Publish research papers, books, monographs, essays, anthologies and various forms of publications relevant to CRRIC’s areas of interest within the scope of advancement of education through awareness.
Products & Services
- Research and advocacy
- Policy development for peacebuilding initiatives
- Settlement support of displaced/refugees/stateless persons in 3rd safe countries