Community Futures North Central Development
About Community Futures North Central Development
Community Futures North Central Development (CFNCD) is a community economic development corporation that serves the north central region of Manitoba. Core funding is provided by the federal government through Western Economic Diversification Canada.
Products & Services
Thompson Newcomers Settlement Services (TNSS is a program funded by Immigration Refugees Citizenship Canada (IRCC) through Community Futures North Central Development. TNSS provides settlement services such as information, orientation, and referral to community resources for newcomers settling in the Thompson and surrounding area.
- Settlement Services: Information and orientation through one-on-one appointments, group presentations, and referrals to agencies and programs in Thompson.
- Information, orientation and referrals on employment training, health, housing, transportation, banking, language classes, and driver’s license training.
- Information and orientation for filling out forms, including SIN, Manitoba Health Card, & Tax Credits and Benefits;
- Information about immigration applications including visitor visas, family sponsorship, Canadian citizenship, and Permanent Resident cards.
- We provide document services including:
- Letters of Invitation to Visit;
- Letters of confirmation of physical address for Manitoba Health Cards,
- Permanent residents
- Live-in Caregivers